Sunday, August 5, 2007

Hello Friends

Well, I'm living in Springfield, Oregon now. And as much as I might like to regret this decision, the house we're in is actually pretty nice. It turns out that the only problem is that the house is in a terrifying neighborhood. Our street is okay, but we're on the same block as Club 1444 ("fourteen-forty-four" to the locals). A strip club that makes one think of the Boom-Boom Room on Barbur BLVD in Portland. Only worse. Those who've actually been in to the Boom-Boom Room, and not just shuddered as they've drivien past, might have a clue as to what this means. No, I haven't yet been into Club 1444, and I hope never to, but should I feel the need, I just hop over a fence and walk about 50 yards west. Blech.

I'll try to post here as often as I've not posted to the clearly defunct Portland-Not-Quite-Daily (http://pdxnqd.blogspot.com). I think married life, as well as Springfield life, and post-graduate-underacheiver life has a great deal of potential for blog postings. Oh, and employed-at-a-credit-union-in-a-position-that-doesn't-need-to-exist life provides me ample time to muse on the ridiculousies of all my lives.

Stay tuned, friends.

No comments: